Art Director, Digital - Vanity Fair
Conde Nast is renowned for provocative,influential, award winning content-across brands, across platforms,and across continents. We’re committed to attracting new talent tokeep us at the top of our business. If you are looking to be partof a culture of excellence marked by journalistic integrity andsuperior design, we invite you to explore this career opportunityand see how your talent and aspirations might fit withinConde Nast.
Art Director, Digital - Vanity Fair
Conde Nast seeks a Art Director, Digital - Vanity for afull-time staff position.
The Art Director will play a key role in the design, developmentand support of best-in-class products and services for the VanityFair website and other key Conde Nast digital properties. As designlead s/he is responsible for the design of the site and also forart directing designers to ensure consistent, high-quality designdeliverables including managing the daily workflow.
The Art Director will be tasked with crafting creative strategiesand innovative solutions to meet audience development and revenuegoals in addition to translating these concepts into tangibledeliverables. S/he will work collaboratively across editorial,technology, research and business teams to define and synthesizeproject requirements and assist in product roadmap and designresource planning.
Along with keen multi-tasking skills, the ideal candidate mustmaintain a critical eye for design details while managingperspective on the broader scope of a project’s scope anddirection. The position requires keeping up-to-date on emergingplatforms and technologies, as well as design and interactiontrends and best practices.
- Define anddevelop user experience requirements and manage internal designreviews
- Design layouts forconsumer-facing brand digital experiences
- Oversee brandguidelines and maintain design quality for all initiatives
- Manage design projectschedules and deliverables
- Work effectively withproduct, project management and technology leads
- An exceptionalportfolio of work showcasing social, mobile and web applicationsolutions
- 6-8 years UX and visualdesign experience designing for large-scale, CMS controlledsites
- 1-2 years demonstratedleadership skills in a team environment
- Exceptional typographyand solid background in grid layouts and responsive design
- Fluency analyzingaudience metrics, research surveys, focus group and usabilitytesting
- A passion for clean,accessible and functional design
- A collaborative,diplomatic and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong communicationand presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge ofAdobe CS software
- Working knowledge ofHTML/CSS and JQuery
- B.A Interaction Designor equivalent work experience
Conde Nast is home to some of the world’s most celebrated mediabrands. In the United States, Conde Nast publishes 18 consumermagazines, four business-to-business publications, 27 websites, andmore than 50 apps for mobile and tablet devices, all of whichdefine excellence in their categories. The company also ownsFairchild Fashion Media (FFM), whose portfolio of brands serves asthe leading source of news and analysis for the global fashioncommunity. Conde Nast has won more National Magazine Awards overthe past ten years than all of its competitors combined. VisitCondeNast.com and follow us on Twitter @CondeNastCorp and@CondeNastCareer.
Conde Nast is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years ofexperience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.
Skills.Please click here to apply