Software Development Engineer, Disc on Demand
The Disc on Demand Ingestion tech team builds the technology to process and list thousands of DVDs, CDs, MP3 and Video on Demand feeds each month.
Our team will give you daily opportunities to use your ingenuity, drive, and passion to build world-class, customer focused software. As a Software Engineer on this team, you will develop software almost exclusively in Java, with some objective-C and C, spanning Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. You will design, build and maintain features as well as have a high level of input on architectural design decisions for the team. We eat and breathe object-oriented design, high-quality code, stability, reliability, scalability and operational excellence.
Looking for the type of person that codes for fun, quickly wins the respect of peers and jumps at the chance to share knowledge!
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
Experience in the following technologies is helpful, but not required; distributed file systems, databases, audio/video codecs and DVD authoring.http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=1594034-2015-5296