Media Asset Manager
The Technology Operations Manager is primarily responsible to serve as the liaison between the Content Center and engineering & technology teams. Additionally, this role will aid in the project management, implementation and maintenance of the station’s IT solutions and systems.
CONTENT CENTER OPERATIONS:
- Manage editorial content in the server; responsible for determining what news material should be archived and what should be deleted
- Manage web-based archival system
- Supply input and support for system upgrades due to technological advancements; Interface with news and production employees to troubleshoot time-critical applications and systems
- Work directly with news management including VP of Content to investigate on- air problems including technical malfunctions and mistakes caused by human error
- Provide input for purchasing of technological advances related to Digital News Gathering.
- Collaborate with Content Center to gather/collate/present customer feedback/voice of the customer on existing and new systems
TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING:
- Under direction of DOT leadership, partner closely with management, users, and vendors to monitor and lead the analysis, design, development, deployment, and training phases of IT solutions
- Coordinates all project deliverables to ensure team is staying on track with deliverables and communicates progress to all stakeholders
- Manage system implementation project by documenting processes/workflows, identifying automation requirements, and managing implementations
- Oversee quality assurance testing of projects before final launch
- Assist DOT leadership with formalizing SOPs related to the design, implementation and management digital solutions to improve consistency of service delivery
- Candidate should demonstrate knowledge and experience with all aspects of news coverage as it relates to technology, including broadcast quality cameras, signal flow, file based media, live shot and field content acquisition
- Available on-call and must be prepared to work off hours including weekends, evenings or overnights particularly during breaking news events
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet research
- Minimum 5 years station experience
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to travel; work overtime and on weekends, with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Fort Lee, NJ
- Must be willing submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to multi-task and handle projects independently, as well as part of a team or independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Knowledge of iNEWS, AVID, Chyron technologies
NBC Universal is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer promoting diversity in the workplace. We invite and encourage response from women, persons of color, veterans and the disabled.
Please apply online via the given link. No phone calls or emails please.