Digital Project Manager
Leading publisher of special-interest books and magazines seeks a Digital Project Manager who will own and manage the Lifecycle of the Digital Products eBooks published in various formats for devices ranging from iPads to Kindles and beyond. This position involves taking existing content, working with internal staff and external vendors, and creating new digital books. The person in this role will be the expert on the digital book market place, as well as a hands-on contributor in creating the books.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands on work with digital files before and after conversion (InDesign files) in various ebook content formats (reflowable and fixed format). Knowledge of the ebook distribution industry – Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Apple and Google, as well the devices and formats each vendor supports.
Product and Project Management:
- Development product and project plans for the Digital products
- Development and optimize workflows for the various products
- Understand industry trends relating to digital products
- Be an evangelist for digital products within Taunton
- Identify and contract with vendors for conversion of digital products to multiple formats
- Identify risks, recommend and take corrective action where necessary to deliver on product and project timelines
- Coordinate and Consultant with internal Taunton resources to ensure that the product and project deliverables match expectations
- College degree in media, communications or technology, or comparable work experience
- Media (digital) production and coordination
- Ability to work with others in developing digital products.
- Ability to develop product and project plans.
- Strong InDesign skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills.
SkillsSee Job DescriptionPlease click here to apply