Taxonomist & Browse Developer
We are looking for a smart and passionate person to help build a world-class, intuitive, and comprehensive navigation structure to optimize product discovery when searching and browsing on our site. As a browse developer you will have the opportunity to have a direct and significant impact on improving the customer experience and making it easy and fun to shop at Amazon.com.
- Develop our internal thesaurus to create a normalized product description and classification system for use by the wide range of sellers on our platform
- Develop browse structures to organize our extensive product selection for customers
- Expand and refine data retrieval techniques to utilize our extensive product catalog and make sure products end up in the right place for our customers
- Coordinate cross-functional projects with a broad range of merchandisers, engineers, designers, and other groups
- Analyze website metrics and customer behavior data to make intelligent decisions on optimizing our navigation structures
- Masters degree in Library or Information Science or equivalent professional experience
- Proven skills in data retrieval techniques
- 2 years of experience in taxonomy development or equivelent.
- Technically strong, fluent in Unix-based systems, programming skills a plus
- Passionate about website usability with great instincts for improving customer shopping experience
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and calm under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Most of all, someone who is smart, likes to do good work, and is genuinely interested in helping customers
- French language skills preferred