Site Director, Marie Claire (1582)
The Site Director oversees and executes the content strategy, ongoing development, and programming of marieclaire.com
The Site Director manages the marieclaire.com edit team and collaborates with production, art, project management, SEO, and photo teams, among others, to achieve the site goals.
The Site Director ensures alignment with brand and digital objectives, optimization of usage and engagement growth, assurance of content integrity, style, voice, and mission of site. As such, the Site Director oversees all original and repackaged web content for the site that meets commitments to print magazine, ad sponsors and other site and syndication partners.
The Site Director is also tasked with developing strategies for revenue-focused programming, most notably when advertiser commitments require curating existing content or creating new content.
The Site Director’s daily tasks may include the following:
- Brainstorm original content ideas and implement all editorial programming on marieclaire.com
- Work closely with magazine editors on online extensions of in book stories
- Oversee all editorial and design on website
- Work with freelancers and contributors to develop stories and franchises for site-
- Assign all video and oversee final edits
- Manage team of editors and freelancers in delivery of content; ensures programming is executed on schedule, is optimized for increased user engagement/growth
- Act as principal liaison for EIC, General Manager (Digital) and print editors; develops and executes Web programming that supports brand objectives
- Stay informed on the latest digital trends/products to identify new opportunities for increased user engagement/growth
- Monitor key performance metrics in Omniture, refining long- and short-term programming strategies to deliver on site performance goals
- Partner with ad sales, marketing, and network programming team to develop and execute revenue-focused content packages and help respond to RFPs
11. Work with publicists on coverage (fashion and celebrity)
12. Edit Marieclaire.com Digital TOC pages in magazine
13. Oversees social media strategy and day-to-day execution (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Google+)
14. Work with PR teams on promotion of content, both original and repurposed from the magazine
15. Fashion week planning
16. Manage Edit budget