Director, eCommerce Platforms
The Director, eCommerce Platforms is responsible for management of products at a program level to include; planning and managing business, vendor and technical resources to execute agile software development projects from planning phase through implementation. Identifies and communicates project scope and ensures project / program milestones and objectives are achieved. This person will facilitate effective communication of technical and non-technical functions to the technical and business management teams. Responsible for project schedules, as well as, discussing task assignments with the team leads on resource planning within the Paid Services technical team. Communicate directly with management on key issues and changes which may impact expected business results.
- Partners with the product visionary and Director of AOL Paid Services product definition to define and prioritize the product backlog.
- Ensure the maximum delivery of each and every release and partnership by understanding the business direction, priorities on acquisition, retention, features and performance.
- Able to coordinate and drive success across leadership, design, development, QA and project delivery.
- Accountable for product releases through project management skills, communication, partnership and great partner/employee collaboration.
- Drives all implementation related activities for key commerce platform with attention to efficiency, timing and superior service to the client.
- Acts as a liaison between business team and technology partners during the implementation process, including facilitating meetings, documentation of requirements, and timely follow up.
- Analyzes customers' business requirements, software/product objectives and overall program expectations.
- Works with software product team/vendors/partners to develop detailed business requirements, effective design, functional and technical specifications.
- Synthesizes all client program requirements and works with advisor and network teams to ensure thorough and accurate program design and implementation.
- Facilitates and consults on program best practices, design & configuration of solution, change communications and training.
- Estimates time frames, quality and quantity of resources required to successfully implement project; develops project plan incorporating all project variables.
- Consistently implements the program across disparate clients ensuring the integrity of program constructs and minimizing customization outside of accepted parameters.
- Coordinates with other team members and resources as needed to ensure on-time deliverables.
- Complete other project management duties when required such as timeline management, issue resolution, UAT, and Initial business team reviews.
- Demonstrated expertise in defining and tracking project scope, goals, schedule, budgets, and execution strategies in collaboration with project stakeholders.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and business process mapping skill and a history of identifying and implementing process (business and/or experience) improvements.
- Experience identifying , developing solutions and executing Risk Management and Project Communication strategies.
- Excellent communication skills to include developing communication tools for internal and external customers.
- A history of successful leadership of cross-functional project teams with demonstrated success managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated success managing international projects, to include international commerce experience.
- Effective delegation of tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Project, Visio, Access).
- Magento/ECommerce knowledge preferred.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 8-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Experience with a top 5 firm performing implementation.
- Proven delivery of projects through best practice project management methodologies.
- SDLC/Waterfall and or Agile development experience.
- BS/BA in related discipline required with advanced degree highly preferred.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) preferred.
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.