About The Huffington Post:
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 36.9 million monthly unique visitors (comScore April, 2012) posting over 6.5 million comments each month. The site has over 30,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, and Spain, with L’Huffington Post Italia scheduled to launch this year.
The focus of the position would be on development of the core HuffPost CMS, which powers huffingtonpost.com and several other sites.
HuffPost CMS Developer position
Title : PHP/PERL/MySQL/LAMP Developer for High Traffic Site
We are looking for:
- Strong experience maintaining and extending large-scale Content Management Systems for Websites
- Must be comfortable using a Unix shell
- Good knowledge of manual HTML coding
- Experience in object oriented programming and SQL database design
- Experience working with third-party APIs or making mash-ups
- Experience updating advertising calls
- Production issue resolution (bugs - js/css/jquery)
- Must have the ability to convert website layouts in PSD to HTML
- Create html templates and corresponding css based on pdf files
- Site optimization - finding ways to optimize existing sites (js/css)
- Experience working in a team and developing projects using an OOP approach
- Must enjoy writing beautiful code!
- Positive "can do" attitude; willingness to give it a try
- Able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, while meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think out of the box and with minimal structure
- Ability to work collaboratively with local and remote colleagues
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
This position is full-time in our New York City office.