Mobile Web Software Engineer
We are putting together an awesome team to build a world-class Mobile Web application for AOL Mail. If you love Mobile and are up for the challenge of redefining how millions of Users engage with their Inbox on the Mobile platform, join us!
AOL Mail is the flagship product for the company, with about 25 million Unique Users and one of the top priorities from a business perspective. We are set on a goal to increase the user-base, engagement and revenue opportunities for AOL Mail on Mobile.
Our development cycle is extremely fast and you will love the experience of collaborating with a dedicated User Experience team, prototyping the concepts, analyzing the results of Usability/Ethnography research and feeding that into the product creation process.
• You love Mobile!
• You have strong experience with developing custom user interfaces and interactions on the Mobile web platform
• You know what it takes to ship and appreciate the importance of 'time to market'.
• You are a people person who enjoys the team sport of building software
• You write code with the end user in mind, and appreciate how getting the details right leads to a great user experience
• You are smart, and get things done
• Create compelling web applications for AOL Mail on the Mobile platform
• Distill product requirements into design and technical specifications.
• Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and reliability of the application
• Work independently and effectively in a cross-functional, diverse environment
• Provide leadership and mentoring to junior programmers
• B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
• Solid understanding of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques
• Proven ability to quickly learn and implement unfamiliar technologies
• Experience working in an agile software development environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.