Senior Software Engineer - Mobile
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL Advertising is revolutionizing the way online advertising works. We operate on the cutting edge of media, giving clients a diversity of means to reach global audiences that consume AOL content on a daily basis. AOL is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to work with brands to move their stories forward given our focus on original content, sophisticated distribution models and social marketing approaches. Simply put, we tell the story, take it places and get people talking.
What we do
AOL drives results for both brand and performance marketers. Through the combination of brand building content, a social and viral platform, an affluent and influential audience and scaled advertising experiences – we are well positioned to help brands achieve their online marketing objectives through the purchase funnel. Simply put, we tell your story, take it places and get people talking.
How it works
AOL Advertising is revolutionizing the way online advertising works. We operate on the cutting edge of media, giving clients a diversity of means to reach the affluent, influential audiences that consume AOL content on a daily basis. AOL is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to work with brands to move their stories forward given our focus on original content, sophisticated distribution models and social marketing approaches. We are creating high impact experiences that engage consumers around preeminent content brands and powerful editorial approaches. We are taking a cross platform approach to programming that enables our experiences to move from one form to the next like our consumers do. Lastly, we are driving conversation inspired by content, driven in no small part by the Huffington Post, which is core to the DNA we have in the social content space.
We are THE global partner of choice for premium publishers, advertisers and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their online brands. How does the Group work together?
o ADTECH – manages and optimizes delivery of display, video, mobile, and rich media campaigns from a single ad management platform.
o Advertising.com – monetizes inventory and optimizes campaigns with the industry’s most advanced technology and premium ad network.
o Advertising.com Sponsored Listings (ASL) – completes text ad monetization services for publishers and advertisers.
o AOL Premium Formats – drives engaging experiences and captives audiences with premium formats.
o AOL Video – monetizes your video content and seamlessly integrates premium video content to partner sites.
Advertising is a results business and these results are easily defined thanks to premium platforms such as AdLearn – the technology at the heart of Advertising.com that processes up to ten billion transactions per day. No other advertising solutions produce the kind of results we attain.
This position will be interfacing with the advertising.com business unit.
Our team is responsible for a number of systems in AOL Advertising Technologies including those that support Mobile, Video and other Ad Formats. We also develop the technology that helps integrate our publishers with our ad systems. We’ve been busy this year launching a new Mobile Ad serving platform and redesigning our Creative Management tools. These releases plus many more enable us to not only provide more revenue to the company, but they continue to make our employee’s lives easier.
- Troubleshoot production issues related to the team's applications. Must persevere to track down solutions across applications and teams
- Enhance existing enterprise level core ad serving software including the mobile software
- Investigate new technologies to solve system issues / meet business requirements.
- Design and Quickly code, short deadline, market driven system enhancements.
- Integrate cutting edge third party functionality with our industry leading Mobile Ad serving infrastructure.
Skills and Education
- Must have strong analytical skills to understand a large and complex ad delivery ecosystem
- Must communicate effectively, both verbally (meetings, discussions) and in written form (e-mail, requirements)
- 3+ years of experience programming in Java
- 2+ years of experience web application development (Tomcat/JSP)
- 1+ years of experience in mobile development (iOS, Android, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of thread-safe programming
- Expert knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Web based UI design and development experience
- Experience with JUnit testing
- Experience with standard Java tools/frameworks, specifically Spring, Maven, ant
- Experience with high-traffic/transaction applications (100+ requests per second)
- Solid understanding of RDBMS and general database concepts
- Experience with in memory DBs/NoSQL solutions like CouchBase, Redis, MongoDB
- PHP UI development experience
- AdWhirl experience
- Mobile Ad serving experience
- Ability to analyze and debug applications using JProbe, jVisualVM