Sr Technical Project Manager
About Our Team
Core Engineering Group at AOL is responsible for a variety of products: AOL Mail, AOL Client, AOL.com and Paid Services (Access/Gathr). This group is responsible for delivering most of the products that people recognize as AOL. Working with the team you will have the opportunity to work on things such as audience targeting, the advancement of the mail system, and new product offerings in our subscription business.
We are looking for someone who can have a real impact to the business by ensuring quality, on-time and coordinated delivery of products and features
In this role, you’re going to have the opportunity to:
- Facilitate requirements gathering, documentation, organization and analysis to ensure the work queues and projects for the teams are scoped and prioritized appropriately
- Work directly, on a daily basis, with software engineers, designers, product and technical managers and others to manage the critical path, ensuring projects meet schedule commitments and business goals.
- Facilitate the agile development process, guiding the teams as they mature and helping to analyze, suggest and implement process improvements.
- Develop project schedules and report progress at all levels, from individual technical task follow-through to a high-level business management view.
- Coordinate with other teams throughout the company to ensure successful implementation of large, multi-group projects and programs. Work effectively with all levels of technical and management to assess and mitigate risks and to remove obstacles.
Requirements for Success:
- Highly organized and process oriented
- A keen eye for the critical path and good judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Results oriented, metrics driven
- Ability to lead teams across geographies, cultures and disciplines
- Broad technical understanding in both front end and back end technologies and infrastructure
You will love this job if you:
- like helping talented engineering teams excel
- like bringing order to chaos in a fast-paced environment
This role isn’t the best fit for you if:
- can’t juggle multiple and changing priorities
- can't manage many complex dependencies
- don’t have the ability to understand the product requirements and the technical work
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.