Art Operations Coordinator
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 36.9 million monthly unique visitors (comScore April, 2012) posting over 6.5 million comments each month. The site has over 30,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, and Spain, with L’Huffington Post Italia scheduled to launch this year.
About Art Operations
This position is a hybrid focusing on legal rights, copyrights, licensing issues, usage as well as billing and vendor management. This is an autonomous role reporting into the Photo Department.
About the Role
- Work closely with legal team and vendors to address photo infringement issues and disputes.
- Work with Digital Asset Management technical team to maintain system for photo needs.
- Maintain relationship with third party photo vendors.
- Work with finance and accounting to ensure vendor and freelancer invoices are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Create reports to reflect volume of photos used and where photos have been published.
- Work with Operations to determine departmental photo allocation.
- Act as a liaison between the Huffington Post and AOL photo teams.
- Oversee freelance photographer and illustrator contracts.
- Oversee storage of original content for potential future syndication.
- Work with Business Development to negotiate new contracts with photo providers.
- 5+ years of experience
- Knowledge of photo & copyright laws
- Basic knowledge of contract negotiations
- Previous relationships with photo vendors a plus
- Photo agency experience a plus