Product Manager, AOL Lifestyle Brands
About AOL Services:
AOL Services focuses on curating the best content, products, and services mirrored to real human behavior – what people need to make their digital lives as convenient as possible. We create an integrated experience that allows AOL consumers to feel like valued AOL Members, gaining access to the most useful content from some of the best brands, communication tools, and valuable services. Whether through communication products like AOL Mail and AIM, our mobile services, or our subscription packages, AOL Services is pivotal in driving traffic and user engagement across the AOL network.
About the Role:
AOL Services for Women is building a comprehensive, industry-leading platform and new front-end tablet/mobile/web/TV site. We are looking for a Product Manager to lead the development of unique products that will engage users and work seamlessly with the overall platform. This individual will develop and manage the overall strategic roadmaps for the site, and must have deep understanding of web product design, construction, scalability, and lifecycles. Extensive SEO knowledge, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as working knowledge of data gathering tools (Omniture, comScore, Google Analytics) are important. The Product Manager will also be responsible for leading all interactions with external technology partners and must be able to engage and build strong relationships with them.
• Experience in bringing web products to market, from concept through specification and development to launch planning for highest consumer adoption, and optimizing post-launch iterations based on success measurements
• Must have experience building and scaling a platform business
• Experience managing product requirements for data-driven applications and direct collaboration over technical development
• Proven track record of successful product launches
• Willingness and ability to work with and coordinate among large numbers of external partners
• Deep knowledge and understanding of Content Management Systems
• Constant awareness of developments in online media product innovations
• Strong knowledge of current standards in API development and service-based distributed applications
• Confidence and ability to remain positive in a fast-paced environment
• High standards of professional integrity and work ethic
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to present intelligently and confidently to senior executives
• Readiness to navigate in and between AOL and strategic partners, identify integration opportunities, and serve as a resource integrator to realize previously unseen value
Experience in the digital media space
Extensive hands-on experience in technical development
Online presence, such as blogging or other public-facing accomplishments.
Familiarity with major online media competitors and their products
The Product Manager will have proven their analytical and operational abilities in the past through top-of-class performance. They will have graduated from a leading undergraduate academic institution, and will be able to demonstrate a passion for content platforms. We are looking for self-starters who can work in a rapidly changing industry, tolerate ambiguity, lead through influence and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
• Bachelor’s degree required, a Mastered degree preferred.
• 3 to 5 years working in the digital space in product development. Demonstrated track record of growing a digital business
• Has technical know how and has worked to inform product roadmaps and managed projects.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
• Experience in or passion for the consumer internet and media industries
• Strong knowledge of and/or passion for the content platform space
Proven ability to lead and execute
• Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills
• Strong ability to adapt, parallel process and operate independently
• Familiarity with web analytics, statistical analysis
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.