Assistant Editor, HuffPost Education
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 36.9 million monthly unique visitors (comScore April, 2012) posting over 6.5 million comments each month. The site has over 30,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, and Spain, with L’Huffington Post Italia scheduled to launch this year.
Assistant Editor, Education -- Huffington Post Media Group
The Huffington Post Media Group has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Editor to join its dynamic team at the HPMG headquarters in downtown New York City. Specifically, the Assistant Editor will work on the site's Education section. An obsession with education and its personalities and a willingness to work nights/weekends (as the education new cycle dictates) is a must.
The ideal candidate will be:
- An extremely strong writer/copy editor
- Knowledgeable on education issues and current state of the education sector
- Extremely web-savvy -- including social media tools -- if you don't live on your computer, don't apply
- Successful within a team environment
- An avid communicator
- Active consumer of online media
- Experience with Photoshop, Twitter, Facebook and HTML preferred.
- Posting and editing multiple daily news posts
- Suggesting and loading breaking news stories and videos for Education section
- Promoting HuffPost Education on social networking sites
- Working with Senior Editors and Education Editor to execute slideshows and other writing projects
- General administrative duties