Research Analyst position in Advertising.com R&D
We are looking for a research analyst to join our research team. The team is at the forefront of big data analytics and is responsible for developing new and innovative online advertising optimization and targeting products. The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills and a degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics, or similar. In addition, the candidate must be able to think logically, work well with people, and write and speak well. The research analyst will be responsible for carrying out data analysis on very large data sets and will develop, test, and implement data mining and statistical learning algorithms. The person will work closely with both senior staff in the research team as well as across the company, and also at times interact directly with our clients.
- Formulate solutions to data analysis problems to solve specific business problems as part of our product development activities
- Write code (in e.g. Java, perl, python) to carry out analysis on our hadoop distributed computing cluster
- Formulate SQL to extract data from conventional databases
- Analyze data using higher level data analysis software such as R, matlab, and/or MS Excel
- Prepare reporting web pages used for monitoring of data mining prototypes
- Prepare presentations and reports for both internal and external audiences
- Present results in person to internal business representatives and clients
- Strong quantitative skills
- Attention to detail , debugging own work
- Strong team player
- Knowledge of Java and other scripting language (e.g. perl, python) to carry out analysis on our hadoop distributed computing cluster, or willingness to learn those.
- Knowledge of SQL, and higher level data analysis software such as R, matlab, and/or MS Excel, or willingness to learn those
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar quantitative field.
- Solid yet practical training in statistics, mathematical modeling, and probability theory is desired.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills