Associate Account Manager
Passionate, curious, creative? Our employees have helped to create popular and engaging online products and destinations that attract over 150 million unique visitors each month globally. As a result, AOL is a leading global web services company with a substantial worldwide audience, a suite of powerful web brands and industry leading products, and one of the largest advertising networks in the United States. We look for people that are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly psyched about our mission to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL Advertising is seeking a Strategic Account Manager to join our sales team. The primary purpose of this position is accountability for managing the day to day relationships with clients/customers in an assigned region/category. The Account Manager is responsible for the pre- and post-sale process, which includes teaming with regional/category sales professionals on all assigned accounts to drive additional revenue and overachieve on the team’s goals. The incumbent will ensure client satisfaction and AOL Advertising’s business health through custom campaign strategies; analyze deal or campaign performance; develop innovative alternatives to existing deals or campaigns; and communicate with partners and appropriate internal departments on these initiatives.
• Works with sales professionals to develop proposals, provide deal evaluation, sales negotiations, revisions and follow-up.
• Maintains relationships and manages the day- to-day business relationships with current clients and identifies growth opportunities on key accounts.
• Input RFP responses into internal systems, client external templates and third party planning systems.
• Responsible for pricing yield management and analytical guidance.
• Serves as primary point of contact to existing clients on issues regarding performance reports and general maintenance.
• Provides technical guidance on campaign specifications and provides troubleshooting/conflict resolution.
• Effectively optimizes campaign performance by recommending adjustments to inventory and creative components of the campaign.
• Responsible for day-to-day communication with internal and external customers to monitor campaign delivery and contract compliance, ensuring full revenue recognition and client objectives success.
• Track and analyze usage trends and prepares sales and internal reports.
• Deliver on all role specific accountability metrics and goals.
• Utilize third- party research tools to support plan recommendations and provide competitive spending analysis.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Experience, Skills
• Minimum 2 years of media buying, account management, business analyst, or selling experience in internet advertising sales.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Willing and able to collaborate across boundaries to get work done and drive business forward.
• Strong customer focus – promoting customer satisfaction, resolution and loyalty.
• Must have strong understanding of digital marketplace and understanding of the competitive landscape in which we operate.
• Able to work effectively and excel in a matrix organization and possess the ability to adapt to a changing environment quickly and easily.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills; excellent analytical skills; results and detail oriented; accountable; strong work ethic; strong team player; solid negotiation skills; proactive self starter; creative/strategic thinker who is process oriented and has the ability to multi-task; outstanding computer skills including solid knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point, and CRM systems. Some technical knowledge preferred.