About the Role:
Reporting to the SVP of AOL Marketplace, the General Manager of Shortcuts serves as the leader and business owner of the Shortcuts line of business which includes full responsibility for the operation, marketing and consumer engagement of AOL’s savings destination, Shortcuts.com, as well as sourcing, enabling and distributing coupons and deals throughout the AOL Network with the mission of enabling consumers to save on whatever they want to buy, wherever they want to buy it. This hands-on executive position requires strong analytical and strategic planning skills and robust business development experience from conception of partnership opportunities through negotiation and implementation of agreements that enable the achievement of product goals and the strategic vision. The successful candidate will be a dynamic team leader and a collaborative partner to other AOL businesses and to Shortcuts’ external partners. He/she will be financially adept and will develop and communicate the Shortcuts business plan, product roadmap and financial map to grow the business. The successful candidate will also provide leadership to and manage assigned staff on all aspects of business deliverables, support the team environment, passionately energize the team and foster a consumer-centric culture.
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
• Confident, entrepreneurial business leader with 8-12 years of experience in business management, product & roadmap management, people development, strategic planning and business development.
• 6-8 years of direct P&L responsibility
• Proven ability to translate strategic plans to actionable implementation plans
• Strong experience in business negotiations.
• Ability to communicate and cultivate relationships with internal customers and external partners.
• Retail industry experience and expertise in delivering solutions and value to retail and/or CPG partners.
• Experience with consumer mobile applications a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Positive attitude and ability to operate within and foster a team environment.
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills mandatory.
• Must thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic atmosphere.
• Solid presentation, strong project management skills and acute attention to detail.
• BA/BS Degree required, MBA strongly preferred.
About AOL Services:
AOL Services focuses on curating the best content, products, and services mirrored to real human behavior – what people need to make their digital lives as convenient as possible. We create an integrated experience that allows AOL consumers to feel like valued AOL Members, gaining access to the most useful content from some of the best brands, communication tools, and valuable services. Whether through communication products like AOL Mail and AIM, our mobile services, or our subscription packages, AOL Services is pivotal in driving traffic and user engagement across the AOL network.
Passionate, curious, creative? Our employees have helped to create popular and engaging online products and destinations that attract over 150 million unique visitors each month globally. As a result, AOL is a leading global web services company with a substantial worldwide audience, a suite of powerful web brands and industry leading products, and one of the largest advertising networks in the United States. We look for people that are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly psyched about our mission to inform, entertain and connect the world.