Editor-In-Chief/Sr Editor, Moviefone
Passionate, curious, creative? Our employees have helped to create popular and engaging online products and destinations that attract over 150 million unique visitors each month globally. As a result, AOL is a leading global web services company with a substantial worldwide audience, a suite of powerful web brands and industry leading products, and one of the largest advertising networks in the United States. We look for people that are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly psyched about our mission to inform, entertain and connect the world.
About AOL Services
AOL Services focuses on curating the best content, products, and services mirrored to real human behavior – what people need to make their digital lives as convenient as possible. We create an integrated experience that allows AOL consumers to feel like valued AOL Members, gaining access to the most useful content from some of the best brands, communication tools, and valuable services. Whether through communication products like AOL Mail and AIM, our mobile services, or our subscription packages, AOL Services is pivotal in driving traffic and user engagement across the AOL network.
Role & Reponsibilities
AOL has an exciting opportunity for a Moviefone Senior Editor. Moviefone is the trusted voice for movie discovery, helping movie fans decide "what, when, where" to watch. This person will report to Moviefone’s Editor in Chief. The ideal candidate is an accomplished journalist with a passion for movies who knows how to excite and engage an audience.
- Help maintain Moviefone front page
- Assign, edit, publish and promote news content, blogs and articles
- Work with studios, talent, sources, and bloggers to generate content
- Implement SEO best practices
- Promote content on social media
- 4+ years experience reporting, writing and editing like content
- Must be an organized multi-tasker who can self-manage
- Basic understanding of HTML, photoshop and blog publishing platforms
- Must have thorough knowledge of online media
- Ability to analyze and respond to traffic data and track metrics
- Self-organized, passionate, and team player
- Passion for reporting on all issues surrounding film and entertainment
- Possess excellent writing and editing skills, as well as mastery of digital publishing technologies
- Maintain a rolodex of studio and film-community contacts