Product Manager, Engadget
Passionate, curious, creative? Our employees have helped to create popular and engaging online products and destinations that attract over 150 million unique visitors each month globally. As a result, AOL is a leading global web services company with a substantial worldwide audience, a suite of powerful web brands and industry leading products, and one of the largest advertising networks in the United States. We look for people that are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly psyched about our mission to inform, entertain and connect the world.
About AOL Services:
AOL Services focuses on curating the best content, products, and services mirrored to real human behavior – what people need to make their digital lives as convenient as possible. We create an integrated experience that allows AOL consumers to feel like valued AOL Members, gaining access to the most useful content from some of the best brands, communication tools, and valuable services. Whether through communication products like AOL Mail and AIM, our mobile services, or our subscription packages, AOL Services is pivotal in driving traffic and user engagement across the AOL network.
Engadget is the top Consumer-Tech blog on the planet. Engadget is the official online news source of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in 2012 and is featured regularly on the Technorati Top 10 and the Techmeme Top 10 Leaderboard. The site combines insider tips on new gadgets, technology news and premium video content for a tech-savvy and passionate audience. In 2011 Engadget won the Webby Award and People's Voice Award for "Best Consumer Electronics Site."
About the Role:
We're looking for you to come in and make a big impact.
The Product Manager will:
- Own the product roadmap for the company, including its network of news blogs, video, podcasts and other news sources
- Lead our sites’ syndication, information services and social media strategies
- Define the features and functionalities based on user engagement metrics, analytic data, market
research, and consumer insights to optimize user experiences. This is not a joke. This really is
your chance to set the direction of your favorite sites and turn your innovative product vision
into a reality for our community of users
- You have 5+ years of experience in product management and demonstrated success
in these roles
- You have a degree in computer science/engineering and/or technical background as
- You have a solid understanding of customer needs, business goals and competitive
pressures and the ability to convert those into product requirements and priorities
- You have experience conceptualizing and implementing products across all platforms
- You are well versed in creating an elegant and seamless user experience across on
- You have the ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical
- You are the organized evangelist, the creative strategist, the practical dreamer. You
see what opportunities and freedom the web offers
- You have experience interfacing with customers, analysts, and the press
- You understand the medium, industry, market and the audience
- You know how to partner with multiple groups (editorial, development and sales)
-You have an amazing story, full of successes and failures. So do we because we are willing to take risks. And we welcome, support, and defend passionate, smart people like you