Manager, Custom Research
Do you know what consumers buy? What consumers watch? Nielsen Knows!
Nielsen is the world’s leading marketing and media information company. We’re passionate about measuring and analyzing how people interact with digital and traditional media and in-store environments-locally and globally. Businesses worldwide use our services to better manage their brands, launch and grow product portfolios, and optimize their media purchase mix.
This position exists in Nielsen’s Telecom Custom Research practice, where we help solve business issues faced by telecom service providers, device manufacturers and mobile content/application providers through primary research. Nielsen Custom Research measures consumer attitudes toward brands, products or categories, and identifies attitudes that influence behavior to help our clients develop the right product/service, price and messaging.
The Client Service Manager will have two main responsibilities:
a) Managequarterly syndicatedresearch reports related to cutting-edge trends in mobile (e.g. Tablets, Mobile Apps, Connectivity),by working directly with the team executing these studies and interfacing with account teams and clients to facilitate sales, answer questions, and assist in analysis.
b) Execute on special custom projects that require data fromNielsen’ssyndicated Telecom products, by mastering these products, identifying areas for synergy, and performing analysesto extract key findings and integrating them with custom surveys.
The Manager will work in a fast-paced environment with a team consisting of analysts, programmers,data processing team and client account representatives, and will interact with various product managers in other parts of the Nielsen organization.
Key Outcomes & Accountabilities:
Syndicated Reports - Product Ownership, Sales and Marketing
• Supervise coordination with project management and operations teams on project set up, timelines and logistics, including ensuring QC systems and procedures are met and adhered to
• Hold quarterly meetings to review and finalize questionnaires, collect feedback from clients and client account teams to capture any shits in the market.
• Communicate with client and client service teams on project status; anticipate potential issues and suggest appropriate action plan
• Confidently present findings to client (in person, by phone or via Live Meeting/ online presentation software) through a solid knowledge of the data and project details
• Manage the positioning, messaging, and pitch decks for syndicated reports. Lead internal knowledge sharing sessions to educate Nielsen teams on the reports
• Work with Nielsen’s Communication experts to pull out key findings to highlight in Nielsen’s wire posts to promote the reports
• Coordinate with client service account representatives to pitch reports to clients and set prices with Director/VP approval
• Update revenue and project tracking systems
Analysis for Special Projects
• Gain mastery of the full suite of Telecom syndicated products by becoming intimately familiar with product design, key variables and findings
• For specific projects, analyze datasets from these products to extract key findings that answer client’s questions. Integrate analysis with custom research study (executed by another team) to generate crisp findings and actionable insights for the client.
• Prepare PowerPoint report including analyses, summaries and strategic recommendations for Director/VP approval
• Confidently present findings to clients
• Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of relevant experience in quantitative marketing research or a related field (prefer market research agency or client side consumer insights/market research team).
• Strong client consultative and analytical skills. Able to design the appropriate solution to address different business issues. Recognizes data implications and ties them together to create a cohesive and consistent story.
• Quality driven – strong attention to detail and ability to identify errors in a timely manner
• Excellent oral/written communication, organizational, project management and customer service skills
• Able to work harmoniously and effectively within team and across teams
• Demonstrates a solid understanding of client/business issues
• Develops strong working relationship with client; inspires confidence in client
• Proficiency in office/productivity tools such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Prefer a graduate degree in statistics, business or marketing
• Prefer experience in telecom industry
• Working knowledge of SPSS
• Strong relationship builder
• Adapts easily to change and can operate in a fast paced environment