Director of Marketing, Public Affairs & Marketing
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital seeks Director of Marketing to join our team. Responsibilities include:
- Identifying strategic opportunities.
- Developing and executing strategic marketing plans, and creating products and events in support of Georgetown University Hospital's strategic business plan.
- Scope of responsiblity includes strategic service line marketing development; print and broadcast advertising; sales literature; direct mail and sales promotion materials; electronic communications; business-to-business as well as physician-to-physician referral development, communications and publications; and media relations, as needed.
- Reporting to the Vice President, Public Affairs and Marketing and acting in consultation with the Vice President of Public Affairs for MedStar Health.
- Supporting or directing governmental and community affairs activities.
- Coordinating outside consultants, agencies or other organizations to fulfill the mission of the marketing function.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Business or Marketing.
- A Master's degree in Business Administration or a related field is preferred.
- Certification as an Accredited Public Relations Professional or Accredited Business Communicator is preferred.
- Approximately ten years of progressively more responsible job-related experience in public affairs/lobbying, public relations and advertising/marketing.
- Agency background preferred.
- One to two years to gain familiarity with the Hospital environment, department routines and procedures, and the full range of job duties.
- High level of problem solving due to the complexity of the healthcare industry and the diversity of the situations encountered.
- Internal contacts with top administrative departmental directors and clinical chairs necessary to effectively negotiate, persuade or present issues to others within the Hospital.
- Work assignments are generally received in the form of broad goals for area(s) of responsibility and require considerable judgment regarding the interpretation of policies, development of procedures, and selection of appropriate courses of action.
About MedStar Georgetown University Hospital:
With a 609-licensed-bed hospital and 1,100 physicians, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's clinical services represent one of the largest healthcare delivery networks in the area. Some of our centers of excellence include cancer, neurosciences, gastroenterology, transplant and vascular diseases.
We offer some of the most sophisticated treatments and technologies available, as well as the expertise of nationally respected physicians. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis – caring for the whole person – Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.
• Competitive compensation and generous benefits
• Superb educational opportunities plus tuition assistance
• New and upgraded training facility
• Free shuttle from Metro stations
For more information and to apply online, please visit http://www.medstargeorgetown.jobs/m/43130
Equal Opportunity Employer.