We are looking for a Flash Developer to help us build advanced web-based applications. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building complex social apps and bringing them to life with clean and elegant code. You will keep us on the leading edge of front-end programming techniques, technologies, and development standards.You are responsible for concept development, visual exploration, end to end development workflow and final execution of design directions. You will guide the development and maintenance of core Flash technologies for use in social and online games. You will build robust online experiences and maintain rich interactive applications including single and multiplayer games, etc. You will be both a self-sufficient, independent developer and a member of a closely knit team of highly experienced OOP developers who work together to address the issues at hand. You should be familiar with interfacing with backend developers and database managers as well. Responsibilities:
Please include samples of your work/portfolio/website link(s), etc.High 5 Games is an equal opportunity employer. Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact High 5 Games. Please, no phone calls about this job! Please do not contact High 5 Games about other services, products or commercial interests.
- Develop user interfaces and gameplay elements along with networking, rendering and other libraries for complex user-facing and internal tools.
- Code key game elements with developers and artists.
- Write clean and efficient code that is well documented.
- Propose and recommend creative solutions as well as communicate them clearly and effectively.
- Solid AS3 experience and work with cross platform mobile devices including IOS and Android.
- Expert in Flash, and AIR APIs.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite web apps (Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop).
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years in flash/interactive design
- 5+ years of experience writing advanced ActionScript 3 for Flash applications, standalones, as well as integrated server-side web applications.
- 5+ years of experience delivering proven interactive solutions
- 3+ years of experience developing video game engine or similar technology
- 1+ years of experience in AIR.
- Experience with CPU/memory optimization, cross-browser compatibility
- Strong AS3 client/server experience
- Familiarity with Flash IDE, Flash Builder, FlashDevelop, and Flash Professional.
- Thorough understanding of object oriented programming and experience implementing OOP concepts with ActionScript and the Flash platform.
- Experience coding complex event handling systems and advanced transitions/animations in Flash.
- Knowledge of REST and SOAP web services.
- Knowledge in Facebook API, Twitter API, Yahoo API, Google+ API are huge plusses
- Strong software engineering background and experience in online, Web 2.0 and social networking games.
- Familiarity with version control software - both open source and commercial packages
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practices in web standards, design, and technologies including all forms of social media.
- US Citizen, or a valid permanent resident card.