Social Media Analyst
We are seeking a bright, analytical, personable professional who wants to be at the cutting edge of digital research. As a member of H5G’s Social Media and Digital Marketing team, you will bring your strong data analysis and online research skills, combined with first-hand experience working with social media monitoring platforms, to collect and analyze data related to social media marketing campaigns. The Social Media Analyst will develop compelling and creative analyses that provide actionable insights based on observed social media content and online behaviors. This information will assist H5G in identifying appropriate social media channels for their specific business needs, and tailor campaigns to the target audience. Additionally, you will track performance of various social media initiatives and develop/implement changes to improve business results.Responsibilities:
Please include samples of your work/portfolio/website link(s), etc.High 5 Games is an equal opportunity employer. Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact High 5 Games. Please, no phone calls about this job! Please do not contact High 5 Games about other services, products or commercial interests.
- Manage digital marketing programs, including setting up measurement plans, creating budgets for measurement programs, and tracking program success.
- Administer and manage advanced measurement techniques (e.g. sampling for sentiment estimation; surveys; attribution analysis).
- Analyze data, using a variety of techniques (e.g. multivariate regression).
- Create schematics and visual designs that drive toward defined marketing objectives.
- Drive data gathering strategies around social CRM (i.e. connecting data points between various social networks and brand interaction points).
- Apply non-traditional, cutting-edge qualitative and quantitative techniques to interpret findings based on social media data; develop innovative analysis techniques that enhance social media market research.
- Present digital and social media strategy documents to executives, directors, and program managers.
- Assist in developing new digital marketing deliverables and strategies.
- Research analytics tools & platforms.
- Stay abreast of new social analytics technologies, offerings and capabilities across all major social media types, including Facebook and blogs.
- BS or advanced degree in relevant field of study (e.g. Math, Physics, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Marketing)
- 3+ years of measurement and analytics experience specifically in social media
- 5+ years of measurement and analytics overall experience
- Fascination with numbers (tracking, compiling, analyzing) and the ability to intelligently express their meaning
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Diligent and attentive to detail; able to implement a methodical and accurate approach to the collection and analysis of data
- Familiar with statistical analysis and tools such as R, SAS, SPSS, or other equivalent software with advanced skills in Excel
- Strong understanding of social media marketing tools, technologies, and landscape; familiarity with Google Analytics, Omniture, Radian6 , Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Vitrue, Tracx, etc.
- Established understanding of digital marketing strategies and tactics across a range of disciplines including social media, search marketing, e-commerce, lead generation, web analytics and others
- Digital and social media marketing fluency for multiple verticals, including media and entertainment, e-commerce and B2B
- Demonstrated ability to create high quality, polished written reports and presentations (Powerpoint) to visually communicate qualitative and quantitative findings; strong presentation and communication skills
- Able to drive consensus among multiple stakeholders both inside and outside the organization
- Experience and comfort working on multiple projects at once in an extremely hig-energy, fast-paced environment with high level of turnaround
- A passion for all things social and digital, including the latest trends and developments within the social environment; curiosity and a passion for games
- Experience and/or interest in programming a plus
- Experience working in a startup, entrepreneurial environment a plus.
- US Citizen, or a valid permanent resident card.