HuffPost Healthy Living is seeking a hard-working and dedicated editorial intern for a 3-month paid internship. Interns will be given significant hands-on digital editorial training and responsibilities. This is great opportunity to learn all the ins and outs of new media and get a hands-on exposure to how The Huffington Post works. The intern will have the opportunity to pitch articles and blog posts, though it won't be the focus of the internship.
- Searching and loading health news stories
- Building clicky slideshows
- Preparing partner content for feature
- General administrative duties
- Working with Healthy Living editors to execute time-sensitive projects
- Other FUN stuff!
Requirements for Success:
- Demonstrated interest in the issues HuffPost Healthy Living covers
- An extremely strong writer/copy editor
- Experience with Photoshop preferred
- Content Management System experience strongly preferred (WordPress, Droopl, Moveable Type, etc.)
- Familiarity with social media
- Thrives in a team environment
- Ability to communicate clearly both in person and online.
- Adaptable to changing goals
- Active consumer of online media
- Enjoys having FUN!
This is a full time, paid internship located in our New York office. The hours are M-F 10am-6:00pm (40 hrs/week), and the compensation is $10.00/hr. Start date is ASAP through 12/31/2012.
About The Huffington Post- The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 36.9 million monthly unique visitors (comScore April, 2012) posting over 6.5 million comments each month. The site has over 30,000 bloggers -- from politicians,students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, Spain, and Italy.