Assistant Editor, HuffPost Weddings
About the Huffington Post
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 36.9 million monthly unique visitors (comScore April, 2012) posting over 6.5 million comments each month. The site has over 30,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, and Spain, with L’Huffington Post Italia scheduled to launch this year.
Role: Assistant Editor, HuffPost Weddings
HuffPost Weddings has an immediate opening for an Assistant Editor. This position is based in our Beverly Hills office.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Managing several social media accounts and maintaining an active presence (Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, Tumblr, etc) on them
· Researching, writing and copy editing original content
· Pitching original story ideas and writing them up
· Suggesting stories for aggregation
· Supporting the associate editor with daily site updates and maintenance
· Using social platforms to seek out stories, build community and engagement, interact with readers and tease out potentially viral topics and themes for content
· Managing/updating our editorial calendar as needed and developing content based around it
· Must be very proficient in social media and have an interest in community building
· The ideal candidate should be deeply interested in many aspects of wedding-planning and marriage, with an eye to design and DIY
· Candidates must be extremely web savvy, quick learners, detail-oriented, energetic, efficient, self-motivated, excellent writers/copy editors and avid consumers of online media
· Serious dedication to detail, swift and accurate writing ability, and attention to deadlines -- all while juggling multiple tasks at once is a must.
· Experience with Photoshop, Movable Type or similar blogging platform, basic HTML preferred
· Ability to incorporate technology updates fluidly and efficiently