Associate Copy Director (1601)
Hearst Digital Media, a unit of Hearst Magazines, is a dynamic team of best-in-class talent that’s responsible for implementing the digital strategy for Hearst’s magazine brands and providing e-commerce subscription and marketing services to the publishing industry on a worldwide basis. We operate over two dozen major Web sites and 10 mobile sites for brands such as Cosmopolitan, Popular Mechanics, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Marie Claire and Seventeen, as well as digital-only sites such as RealAge.com, and RealBeauty.com. We’ve published more than 50 apps and digital editions for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, as well as the Droid platform, including enhanced digital issues, utilities, special content and games based on its popular brands.
You’re a wordsmith, a grammar snob, a stickler for punctuation. You know how to turn a phrase, make a story come to life, and turn bullets into a thing of beauty. From food to fashion—you know how to spin it. Shelter or beauty—you’re all over it. You’re versatile, tapped in, and ready for a challenge.
- You will be the copy expert for Hearst Digital Media’s marketing team: writing, editing, and proofing copy for all sales materials and sold programs
- Sold Programs: create copy for all custom produced media and content cross a across a variety of women’s lifestyle topics (fashion, beauty, home, moms, luxury)
- Ad units you can’t help but click on
- Email blasts that demand to be opened
- Photo slideshows that inspire
- Tips on how to wear it
- Trends to show how to buy it
- Sales materials: provide a compelling and consistent voice for materials such as: general presentation, one sheets, brochure, website, sizzle reel, e-blasts, and more
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6 years relevant experience (editor, copyeditor) at a media company, agency, or lifestyle brand
- Versatile copy voice
- Strong digital knowledge and an understanding of what specifically works online: desktop, mobile, social, and beyond
- Understanding of a sales/marketing organization
- Ability to work easily with a wide variety of people
- Superior organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Hearst Tower, virtual tour: http://goo.gl/IICc0
- Work with and learn from best-in-class teams; our employees rock!
- Fast paced and challenging projects
- Diverse and forward-thinking leadership
- Competitive salary, benefits and training
- App Lab
- State-of-the-art building
- In-house digital studio
- Two art galleries
- Corporate gym that puts Ritz Carlton’s to shame (9,000 sq. ft.)
- Company café that will satisfy the most discerning NYC foodies (350 seats)
http://hearst-magazines.silkroad.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.dspjob&jobid=213282&company_id=16061&jobboardid=198Candidates must be trained in New York City but can work remotely.