As the TODAY Investigative Producer you will work with the Supervising Producer and Associate Producers to produce enterprising and compelling taped stories for the Today Show.
Responsibilities encompass, but not limited to:
- Pitch, research, and produce compelling and enterprising taped segments for consumer/investigative unit at Today Show under tight deadlines. Topics will fall under a broad spectrum of consumer/investigative stories, including: hidden camera exposes, safety alerts, scams and frauds, product testing, medical and political investigations, and social injustice exposes.
- Work closely with correspondent Jeff Rossen in writing and production of stories
- Communicate daily story development with senior staff
- Cultivate and work with outside organizations and sources to develop story ideas
- Work closely with NBC News Legal/Standards team in producing and vetting stories
- Work with ENG crews and AVID editors to field produce, shoot, and edit stories
- Work with graphics producers and artists to develop and create graphics
- Work with Today Show.com to provide site material
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel out of town on a regular basis
- Ability to produce network quality segments under extremely tight deadlines
- Must possess strong detail-orientation and research skills
- Minimum of 5 years professional journalism experience
- External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered. Internal applicants may submit internal resume via the NBCU Jobs and referrals system.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in United States
- Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice
- Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
- Ability to identify stories, pitch and program stories to appeal to target demographic audience
- Ability to work flexible hours, ability to work under tight deadlines, ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of digital video encoding formats and standards
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Knowledge of Internet and wireless/mobile video industry trends and practices
- Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices
NBC Universal is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer promoting diversity in the workplace. We invite and encourage response from women, persons of color, veterans and the disabled.
Please apply online via the given link. No phone calls or emails please.