Social Media Digital Content Producer
Job ID: 23002
Date Posted: 10/16/2012
Location: 20 Overland St, Boston
Job Family: Communications
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Located in Boston, Dana Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Can you tell a story? Can you do it with words? With photos and presentations? Withaudio and video? With tweets and text? For different audiences and in many different formats?
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is looking for a social media content producer to develop and produce content for the many different audiences with whom we interact. The content producer will be an integral part of Dana-Farber’s ambitious communications and marketing efforts and will have major responsibility for creating a variety of content across different platforms.
The content producer will help create the voice of Dana-Farber iin social media. He/she will create and frequently post content in both our own communities and relevant blogs and communities elsewhere.
- Develop and revise text for DFCI blogs and other web properties
- Create online media such as podcasts, Slideshare presentations, videos, and other emerging platforms
- Adapt existing content for online distribution
- Support editorial efforts of other communications departmentmembers
- Help ensure that all content reflects best practices in SEO and SEM
- Help ensure that online content reflects the appropriate voice, tone and level of complexity and detail
- Write web copy and stories about DFCI’s clinical and research activities
- Develop copy for online marketing campaigns
- Maintain relationships with Institute programs and staffers to stay current on Institute activities
- Propose appropriate articles, copy and other content for online channels
- Support various internal client teams and projects
Successful candidate will have:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
- Demonstrated high editorial skills and standards
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- A team player with ability to work to tight deadlines, deliver results and use initiative
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Have a strong knowledge of principles of SEO
- Technical proficiency and experience with various content creation and editing programs
- Minimum of 5 years of writing experience, including at least 2 years writing for online channels
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English, Journalism or related subject
- Extensive experience with social media applications and analytics
- The ability to train others
- Enthusiasm and the ability to garner support and interest from contributors throughout the institute
- Clear understanding of online conventions and standards
Generally, a 40-hour workweek with some monitoring and posting on sites after usual business hours and weekends. May include posting on weekends and after hours.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an Affirmation Action/Equal Opportunity Employer - committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce.