Business Analyst, Ad Ops
Passionate, curious, creative? Our employees have helped to create popular and engaging online products and destinations that attract over 150 million unique visitors each month globally. As a result, AOL is a leading global web services company with a substantial worldwide audience, a suite of powerful web brands and industry leading products, and one of the largest advertising networks in the United States. We look for people that are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly psyched about our mission to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL Advertising is seeking an Associate/ Business Analyst to join our Advertising Operations team.
The primary purpose of this position is accountability for managing the day to day relationships with clients/customers in an assigned region/category. The incumbent is responsible for the pre-sale and post-sale process, which includes teaming with regional/category sales professionals on all assigned accounts to drive additional revenue and overachieve on the team’s goals. The incumbent will ensure client satisfaction and AOL Advertising’s business health through custom campaign strategies; analyze deal or campaign performance; develop innovative alternatives to existing deals or campaigns; and communicate with partners and appropriate internal departments on these initiatives.
- Manages the day-to-day business relationships with internal clients (Sales, Account Management, etc.) and identifies growth and upsell opportunities on key accounts
- Serves as primary point of contact to internal clients on issues regarding performance, reports, and general maintenance
- Provides technical guidance on campaign specifications and provides troubleshooting/conflict resolution
- Effectively optimizes campaign performance by recommending adjustments to inventory and creative components of the campaign
- Responsible for day-to-day communication with internal customers to monitor campaign delivery and contract compliance, ensuring full revenue recognition and client objectives success
- Track and analyze usage trends and prepares relevant sales and internal reports
- Deliver on all role specific accountability metrics and goals
- Utilize third-party research tools to support plan recommendations and provide competitive network analysis
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Manage execution of client solutions through effective communication, problem solving and accuracy
- Proactively anticipate customer’s business needs
- Willing and able to collaborate across boundaries to get work done and drive business forward.
- Strong customer focus – promoting customer satisfaction, resolution and loyalty
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical discipline (Economics, Engineering, MIS, Finance, etc.)
- Minimum 1-3 years of business analyst or other analytical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills; excellent analytical skills; results and detail oriented; accountable; strong work ethic; strong team player; solid negotiation skills; proactive self starter; creative/strategic thinker who is process oriented and has the ability to multi-task; outstanding computer skills including solid knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point, and CRM systems. Some technical knowledge preferred.
- Must have strong understanding of digital marketplace and understanding of the competitive landscape in which we operate
- Able to work effectively and excel in a matrix organization and possess the ability to adapt to a changing environment quickly and easily