Marketing Operations and Communications Manager
The Paid Services division is focused on growing and managing AOL’s paid ISP/access subscriber base through aggressive retention and acquisition/winback strategies. The Marketing Operations & Communications Manager role will support the Paid Service Marketing team by facilitating the implementation and deployment of marketing initiatives related to: Retention, Adoption, Winback, Upsell, Cross-sell and Acquisition channels both online and within our Customer Service Centers. In addition, this role will include product and marketing support related to consumer experience functional testing from activation/download to product use, during both onboarding/integration and while in maintenance mode.
This position entails a high degree of responsibility and tactical coordination with day-to-day project management to deliver successful integration and execution of products, marketing campaigns and customer facing communications. This role also requires careful coordination with internal stakeholders within Paid Services, Technologies and Marketing Operations teams. The Marketing Operations & Communications Manager will jointly be responsible for communicating the value proposition that supports marketing campaigns including developing email communications and other supporting marketing collateral or scripting
- Develop and facilitate the deployment of and customer communications that continuously articulate and reinforce the product’s value and purpose to foster retention and engagement.
- Develop program reporting to help inform acquisition and website marketing teams of their program performance.
- Act as subject matter expert for current and future product offerings and subsequent customer experience flows.
- Learn and leverage the necessary tools and technology to effectively optimize the customer experience (content management).
- Support technical the integration and deployment for new and existing products including user flows and the activation experience.
- Support customer retention / relationship tactical plans to meet strategic goals both online and within the call center environments.
- Drive customer activation, usage, engagement, and retention by developing messaging and driving deployment of support emails, pop ups, help articles, call center scripting and other customer facing user flows.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of consumer marketing experience / program / project consulting or management.
- Call Center tools and process knowledge.
- Omniture Site Catalyst training & experience.
- Dreammail application and reporting experience.
- Analytical experience for data-driven decision-making.
- Comfortable developing and executing against a strategic agenda, and measuring success against clearly defined outcomes.
- Strong communication and copy writing skills (email marketing experience).
- Able to thoughtfully contribute in a team environment.
- Passionate about customer relationship building.
- Excellent presentation and verbal skills. Able to communicate project goals verbally and visually.
- Able to work collaboratively with other teams including Channel Marketing, Product Marketing and Technology Teams.
- Proven experience with identifying & resolving project impacting issues, working with members of the Project team and business SMEs to develop and implement viable solutions.
- Self-starter with demonstrated capability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing.
- MBA Preferred.
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.