Application Development Manager
Responsibilities include direct management of a team of 10+ support engineers, drive process and service improvements, monitor and improve day-to-day operational efficiency, planning, some project management for software within the team, enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team, and management of resources across teams. The role also involves driving smaller scope development projects and building custom tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of software/systems engineering experience
- 2+ years experience managing technical people. Experience in hiring, building, and supervising high performance teams.
- Deep knowledge of Mobile app development and Android.
- Experience in working effectively with third-party app developers.
- Some experience with networking (DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP, Load Balancing), web services (SOAP, XML), systems administration (Unix/linux), programming/scripting (Java or C++, Perl or shell scripting), understanding of monitoring and metrics.
- Strong metrics and operational excellence focus
- Hires and develops great people
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical teams.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical projects
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Strong results orientation
- Strong web application or mobile application development experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.