Software Development Manager, Amazon Web Services
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the potential of cloud computing and about building simple and elegant software solutions and customer-centric products. This leader has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. We are looking for a strong leader who prioritizes well, communicates clearly and understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team. They are a seasoned, mature engineering leader who is comfortable building teams, developing staff, and building a culture of high quality and efficient execution. AWS in general, and this business in particular, operates at very large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must.
** For more information on AWS Elastic Load Balancer, please visit http://aws.amazon.com/elasticloadbalancing/ **
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
· 5+ years of industry experience.
· A minimum of 3-5 years of software development
· A minimum of 2-3 years of software management experience.
· Technically sound in software development activities and life cycles.
· Software development experience in C/C++, Java, Perl, XML, Web services, and UNIX tools.
· Experience with large scale distributed systems.
· A passion for people management and mentorship.