Mobile Developer - iOS/HTML5
AOL is hiring a superstar engineer who will work in a fast paced, dynamic group to develop the mobile web and iOS versions of Alto, a new cloud-based email product designed to be used with existing email accounts, including Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, AOL Mail, .Mac and .me accounts. We're looking for a passionate, delivery-oriented developer to design and implement our mobile app on multiple platforms (desktop, mobile web, iOS). Hard problems must excite you, and you should feel that quality of code and user experience needs to be baked into your code from the beginning. Effectively communicating, both verbally and in writing with all stakeholders (technical team members; product and business owners) is critical.
Calibri">Required Skills and Experience:
- mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri">Experience in iOS development and Objective-C
- Strong server side knowledge and development skills that include Java/JEE, PHP, node.js , JSON, XML , regular expression, Unix and MySQL
- mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri">Strong object oriented programming and design skills
- mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri">Well versed in an agile development environment
- Detailed knowledge of mobile browser idiosyncrasies
- Solid style and visual design skills
- Disciplined approach to file structure and documentation
- mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri">A passion for mobile device technologies
- mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri">Highly motivated with a strong desire to learn new technologies
- mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri">BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.