Sr Software Engineer
color:#333333">Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
color:#333333">AOL Advertising is revolutionizing the way online advertising works. We operate on the cutting edge of media, giving clients a diversity of means to reach global audiences that consume AOL content on a daily basis. AOL is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to work with brands to move their stories forward given our focus on original content, sophisticated distribution models and social marketing approaches. Simply put, we tell the story, take it places and get people talking.
color:#333333">What we do
color:#333333">AOL drives results for both brand and performance marketers. Through the combination of brand building content, a social and viral platform, an affluent and influential audience and scaled advertising experiences – we are well positioned to help brands achieve their online marketing objectives through the purchase funnel. Simply put, we tell your story, take it places and get people talking.
color:#333333">How it works
color:#333333">AOL Advertising is revolutionizing the way online advertising works. We operate on the cutting edge of media, giving clients a diversity of means to reach the affluent, influential audiences that consume AOL content on a daily basis. AOL is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to work with brands to move their stories forward given our focus on original content, sophisticated distribution models and social marketing approaches. We are creating high impact experiences that engage consumers around preeminent content brands and powerful editorial approaches. We are taking a cross platform approach to programming that enables our experiences to move from one form to the next like our consumers do. Lastly, we are driving conversation inspired by content, driven in no small part by the Huffington Post, which is core to the DNA we have in the social content space.
color:#333333">We are THE global partner of choice for premium publishers, advertisers and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their online brands. How does the Group work together?
color:#333333">o ADTECH – manages and optimizes delivery of display, video, mobile, and rich media campaigns from a single ad management platform.
color:#333333">o Advertising.com – monetizes inventory and optimizes campaigns with the industry’s most advanced technology and premium ad network.
color:#333333">o Advertising.com Sponsored Listings (ASL) – completes text ad monetization services for publishers and advertisers.
color:#333333">o AOL Premium Formats – drives engaging experiences and captives audiences with premium formats.
color:#333333">o AOL Video – monetizes your video content and seamlessly integrates premium video content to partner sites.
Advertising is a results business and these results are easily defined thanks to premium platforms such as AdLearn – the technology at the heart of Advertising.com that processes up to ten billion transactions per day. No other advertising solutions produce the kind of results we attain.
Seeking Software Engineer in AOL Advertising Technology Organization primarily focused on the development of proprietary reporting platform.
· color:#333333">Responsible for Java/J2EE/J2SE application development supporting business objectives while providing expertise in agile software development from concept and design to testing.
· color:#333333">Analyzes designs and builds component-based applications in a Web/internet delivery environment, including introduction of an application layer, prototyping techniques, component and object-oriented design, and systematic approaches to application integration.
· color:#333333">Works on new and existing advertising Reporting applications along with enhancements to web sites, web applications, and infrastructure.
· color:#333333">Performs hands-on coding, and assists in architecting web content solutions.
· color:#333333">Serves as an agile developer, supports internal customers, and various other business support areas.
· color:#333333">Expertise in server-side web development technologies.
· color:#333333">Troubleshoot production issues related to the team's applications. Must persevere to track down solutions across applications and teams
color:#333333">Skills and Education
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience and technical training.
· 4 or more years of Java experience managing application design, software development, maintenance and delivery with at least 2 years with application servers
· Web API (REST and SOAP service) development experience is important using Apache/Tomcat web Server
- "Times New Roman"">Solid understanding of RDBMS and general database concepts - mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"">Vertica DB "Times New Roman"">experience is preferred but other relational DB experience is OK
· J2EE Application Server
· Hadoop/Hive experience is a plus
· Version control systems CVS/ SVN
· Creating/modifying data load and validation programs
· Must have strong data skills to support the large volume of data produced for reporting
· Must communicate effectively, both verbally (meetings, discussions) and in written form (e-mail, requirements)
· Expert knowledge of thread-safe programming color:#333333">
· color:#333333">Experience with high-traffic/transaction applications
- "Times New Roman"">Experience with in memory DBs/NoSQL solutions like CouchBase, Redis, MongoDB