Senior Research Analyst
"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;
mso-bidi-language:AR-SA">Senior Research Analyst position in Advertising.com R&D
We are looking for a senior research analyst to join our research team. The team is at the forefront of big data analytics and is responsible for developing new and innovative online advertising optimization and targeting products. The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills and a degree in operations research, management science, statistics, or similar. A background in economics or finance is also preferred. In addition, the candidate must be able to think logically, work well with people, and write and speak well. The analyst will be responsible for data mining algorithm design, testing, and implementation. Moreover, the senior analyst will also engage in large scale data analysis in response to requests from clients as well as internal customers. The person will work closely with staff in the research team as well as across the company, and also at times interact directly with our clients.
- Formulate solutions to data analysis problems to solve specific business problems as part of our product development activities
- Formulate solutions to data analysis problems based on higher level discussions with clients, sales or business people
- Write Java and other scripting language (e.g. perl, python) codes to implement prototypes carry out analysis on our hadoop distributed computing cluster. Formulate SQL to extract data from conventional databases. Analyze data using higher level data analysis software such as R, matlab, and/or MS Excel.
- Test and validate algorithm results
- Work with engineering team to implement production code. The analyst should coordinate with the engineers at all steps of the development process to ensure algorithms are implemented correctly and runs reliably
- Prepare presentations and reports for both internal and external audiences
- Present results in person to clients and/or internal business representatives
- Strong quantitative skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to translate business problems into data analysis problems
- Ability to translate results from data analysis into concise and clear recommendations
- Team player and willingness to constructively evaluate own and others work
- Knowledge of Java and other scripting language (e.g. perl, python) to carry out analysis on our hadoop distributed computing cluster, or willingness to learn those.
- Knowledge of SQL, and higher level data analysis software such as R, matlab, and/or MS Excel.
- Master’s degree or higher in Operations Research, Management Science, Statistics, or similar quantitative field, or relevant combination of education and experience is required.
- Solid yet practical training in statistics, mathematical modeling, and probability theory is required.
- Background in economics and/or finance is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills