Editorial Intern, Celebrity, HuffPost (New York)
HuffPost Celebrity is looking for a quick, curious, and web savvy intern who will assist the vertical in writing and publishing stories. The right candidate will be excited to learn what it's like to create content in an extremely fast-paced online newsroom.
· Identifying, pitching, and writing stories
· Assisting other editors with stories and productions
· Manage the sections social feeds and sites
· Assisting in creating slideshows and sourcing photos
Requirements for Success:
· Previous journalism experience required, ideally in entertainment/celebrity news· Internet junkies are welcome- the more you love devouring online content, the better! We are looking for the type of candidate who can spot viral content- before it goes viral!
· Creativity is key- you must think outside the box!
· Demonstrated interest in celebrity news is a must
· Experience using a CMS is required (ex.- WordPress, Drupal, MoveableType, etc.)
· Familiarity with Photoshop/InDesign preferred
· Working knowledge of social media outlets is required, including: twitter, tumblr, facebook, pinterest etc.
· Experience in creating/writing blogs is strongly preferred
About HuffPost Celebrity:
Stars are people, too, and HuffPost Celebrity strives to deliver fun, clicky, addictive news and photos without forgetting that the folks we cover have families and friends -- and without resorting to the mean-spirited tactics on display at rival tabloid operations. The tone is light, often enthusiastic and occasionally bemused by the antics that people in the public eye resort to when they just can't live without seeing their names and faces on the Internet. Low-calorie news does not have to be harmful to your health!