The Huffington Post is looking an editor working within the Traffic & Trends Team to help produce timely viral content, related to breaking news, search and social trends, with a special focus on sports. The role will also involve experimenting with different content types and themes, and potentially working across all verticals in order to create high-visibility viral content that has everyone talking.
The best candidates will have a sense of how to find new angles on developing stories, love memes and viral videos, and posses a passion for social media. We're looking for someone who not only loves and knows sports inside out, but but a desire to cover the stories that don't fall under mainstream sports coverage. We're talking everything from the highlight reels, the amazing human interest pieces
- Find, file, and post sports news stories outside the mainstream focus, and help cover big and breaking sports news events
- Help to flush out broader coverage of breaking news events, leveraging social media, third-party tools, and core CMS features
- Brainstorm and execute viral feature ideas with a special focus on alternative sports content
- Proficient in Web writing, SEO, and aggregation
- A passion for sports, but a willingness to cover stories all-across the spectrum
- Familiarity with major social networking platforms in regards to news gathering
- 2+ years experience in online journalism
- Creativity, open mindedness, willingness to learn and experiment
- Ability to work independently day-to-day but work as part of a team around big news stories
- A fixation with viral content and "a finger n the pulse of the internet"
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of HTML a plus
About The Huffington Post:
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 36.9 million monthly unique visitors (comScore April, 2012) posting over 6.5 million comments each month. The site has over 30,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, and Spain, with L’Huffington Post Italia scheduled to launch this year.