Strategic Account Director, Publisher Platform Sales
ADTECH Marketplace is a newly launched technology platform that allows publishers to efficiently maximize revenue. The platform offers a streamlined solution enabling publisher sellers to offer their unsold inventory to premium buyers in real time while also providing the controls necessary to protect their brand and manage sales channel conflict. ADTECH Marketplace makes conducting business at scale more efficient for both the publishers and the buyers seeking to partner with the publishers. The introduction of this technology marks another milestone in the Advertising.com Group’s commitment to simplifying digital advertising for publishers. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key contributor to the growth of our platform in its early stages.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and analytical Account Director to manage ADTECH Marketplace’s strategic publisher partnerships based out of the US region. You will be responsible for establishing strong relationships with key publisher partners and onboarding these partners onto ADTECH Marketplace. You will understand the partners’ goals and work to grow the relationship and upsell new products. You will hold regular business reviews with key decision makers to understand how to improve the relationship and grow our business. You will work closely with the Publisher Sales Account Manager, Yield teams and Demand teams to understand key business performance metrics and drivers.
This role will be based out of New York.
The Account Director, Strategic Publisher Partnerships must have:
• 7+ years experience in the digital advertising space, with 4+ years in a client facing sales role
• Strong knowledge of the digital advertising technology landscape and trends, including ad networks, real time bidding, demand and supply side platforms
• Understanding of digital publisher goals a plus
• Excellent communications, presentation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals
• Proven ability to think strategically while remaining focused on execution
• Ability and desire to learn, take charge and deliver results with minimal supervision
• High energy, self-motivated and passionate about advertising technology
• Working knowledge of CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com
• Bachelor’s degree. MBA a plus.
• Up to 50% travel required
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.