Product Marketing Manager, AOL Lifestyle Brands
About AOL Services:
AOL Services focuses on curating the best content, products, and services mirrored to real human behavior – what people need to make their digital lives as convenient as possible. We create an integrated experience that allows AOL consumers to feel like valued AOL Members, gaining access to the most useful content from some of the best brands, communication tools, and valuable services. Whether through communication products like AOL Mail and AIM, our mobile services, or our subscription packages, AOL Services is pivotal in driving traffic and user engagement across the AOL network.
About the Role:
AOL Services is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to define and articulate the unique selling proposition and audience profile for Food, Women and Lifestyle Brands and ensure that the sales team has the materials required to communicate that story to the market.
· To develop strategy for new brands.
· To understand and communicate traffic, finance, revenue and sales of brands.
· To compile reports on performance, cost, competitive analysis and communicate to executives
· To work with product leads and GMs – to help create roadmaps and monitor overall performance of the group.
· To present insights on how to develop and grow brands
· Create innovative and engaging advertising products and programs that compliment Women’s verticals and brands, be the go-to expert on their implementation and help create their business rules.
· Serve as the primary point of contact for Advertising Sales and the Category Focused Ad Sales Marketers for questions around USP, Audience Profile and Advertising Products and Programs.
· Serve as a partner to Advertising Sales and the Category Focused Ad Sales Marketers in the creation of custom programs when appropriate.
· Project manage the set-up, implementation and delivery of custom content programs with clients.
· Work with Vertical Operations to ensure deliverability of campaigns.
· Proactively work with content department editors to brainstorm and package feature and custom edit projects that support both editorial aspirations as well as sales requests.
· Maintain the Sales focused editorial and tech calendars.
· Work with the Design and Tech teams to align editorial vision with sales/sponsorship needs from ideation to execution.
· Support the development of Cross-Site/multi-platform “tent pole” opportunities.
· Continually identify emerging trends in online advertising and social media, and work proactively to capitalize on those trends with innovations to our own ad products. Work with Operations on pricing and other specifications, and proper product-ization in AOL’s systems.
· Work with GM to identify and evaluate potential distribution and partner programs.
· Work with Analytics to tell the narrative of Stylelist in the AOL universe with regard to audience and referral traffic.
· Report on success metrics and develop case studies.
· Work with centralized creative services on collateral design and finishing.
· 3-5 years of digital media marketing or advertising sales experience focused in the fashion industry
· A deep understanding of the advertising sales process and the information needs of the sales force
· An ability to communicate quickly and succinctly with sales force in a way that allows them to successfully market Women and Lifestyle Brands
· Experience with major consumer finance digital products and their respective place in the market
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills and an ability to lead presentations to both the sales force and clients.
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.