Programming Director, Stylelist
About AOL Services:
AOL Services focuses on curating the best content, products, and services mirrored to real human behavior – what people need to make their digital lives as convenient as possible. We create an integrated experience that allows AOL consumers to feel like valued AOL Members, gaining access to the most useful content from some of the best brands, communication tools, and valuable services. Whether through communication products like AOL Mail and AIM, our mobile services, or our subscription packages, AOL Services is pivotal in driving traffic and user engagement across the AOL network.
About the Role:
The Women’s Content & Lifestyle team is looking for a Programming Director role for each of the brands in our lifestyle portfolio (Stylelist, and Stylelist Home)
The Programming Director is a senior member of this group’s management team.
The Programming Director will oversee and coordinate the brand’s programming and editorial activities. The PD will also oversee all operational elements of the brand’s platform, including traffic performance, social engagement, and the overall consumer experience across devices (including mobile, tablet). The PD will also have a significant role in driving the video strategy for the brand.
The PD will be responsible for delivering a comprehensive editorial calendar as well as custom features and programming that will drive traffic, build audience, and community as well as create and unique revenue opportunities (including integrated sponsorships).
The PD should be able to not only manage the site operationally, but also offer fresh editorial and programming perspectives, so be rooted in creative thinking to drive innovation for the brand across product and programming.
The PD will manage a small team of programmers and editorial staffers to ensure the quality, consistency, and success of the brand and site 24x7. The PD will also work closely with the Lifestyle Group management team to drive significant business results in running a profitable and successful lifestyle group.
The PD will be measured on a set of metrics that track the overall audience strength and growth trajectory of the site. The PD will also be responsible for reaching critical engagement metric targets, demonstrating they are capable of building a loyal and engaged audience.
· Significant experience in digital publishing, writer/â??editor experience
· Experience working within a lifestyle-based industry focusing on service content
· Excellent communication skills, highly organized with a positive team attitude
· Able to offer fresh editorial perspectives and address latest trends editorially
· Evidence of excellent writing and copy editing abilities for both print and web
· Self-starter; meets deadlines while handling multiple projects simultaneously and adheres to schedules (both individual and team)
· Savvy and comfort with technology, CMS and social networking
· Experience working with graphics and layout highly desired
· Experience in HTML a plus
· Mobile & Video experience
· Social media expertise
· Understanding of core web analytics (SEO, SEM etc)
· Customer service-oriented with great interpersonal skills
· A team player with a love of digital publishing and an eye for creative detail
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.