Sr UI Designer
AOL Mobile is seeking a UI Visual Designer for Mobile to work on Connected Mobile Devices. This person will have extensive mobile platform experience working with multiple OS's under their belts. The position is located in Palo Alto, CA. Reporting to the Head of UX & Design, and will take ownership for creating highly rich visuals, intuitive interfaces and engaging rich mobile experiences.
- You’ve designed high-quality apps in the mobile space
- You have great taste when it comes to what works and what doesn’t from a UI design perspective
- You design mobile apps with the end user in mind, creative yet highly engaging and polished designs
- Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging and brand-consistent mobile experiences across mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Win7)
- Deliver platform-specific visual concepts and redline specifications for development.
- Work in tandem with UX designers and software engineers in an agile environment.
- Communicate concepts through sketches, low and high fidelity concepts, and interactive prototypes.
- Communicate and "sell" your design solutions to senior management and teammates, including engineers, product managers, partners, etc.
- Provide thought design leadership to the company and work with engineering to push the boundaries of what’s possible on emerging technologies.
- Present and defend designs at key milestones.
- Good natured, flexible, leave-your-ego-at-the-door attitude and a sense of humor a must.
- Ability to intelligently present and positively critique design concepts during team reviews and stakeholder meetings.
- Online portfolio with multiple examples of design for either iOS or Android platforms required.
- 3-5 years of experience defining information architecture, visual design and/or interaction design for mobile applications.
- Knowledge and experience of major mobile OS platforms UX Guidelines for iOS, Android, and Windows 8 Mobile.
- Experience with native app design as well as hybrid HTML5 applications a bonus.
- Experience in major aspects of the production process, i.e. asset development, redlines, product specifications.
- A passion for the user experience, an obsessive attention to detail, and a proven ability to communicate and collaborate with others.
- Familiarity with UX/UI trends, best practices and design standards for mobile platforms in the automotive, medical and smart home domains.
- Effective workers inside a team who can prioritize UI issues and review the results of user research.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to be comfortable and successful working with geographically dispersed teams
- Experience working in an agile development methodology
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines for multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work independently
- Must be a solid team player with good writing, presentation and time management skills
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.