Director, Business Operations
Brightline is a new digital and physical book publisher working in partnership with the atavist www.theatavist.com one of the most exciting digital platforms for publishing and distributing content for mobile apps, the web, and e-readers. Founded by Barry Diller, Scott Rudin and Frances Coady, and backed by IAC, Brightline will use Atavist technology to publish both enhanced and text-only digital publications across all devices including iOS, Kindle, Nook and Kobo. Brightline will publish its titles under the Atavist name and through the soon to be re-launched Atavist website and application. The company’s emphasis will be on new business models for both print and digital.
Position Title: Director of Business Operations
Reporting to the President and Publisher of Brightline the Director, Business Operations will be responsible for helping to realize and execute the company’s business model, and oversee all business development activity. The new position is a rare opportunity to work creatively with the Publisher, and the support of a large organization – building a digital and print publishing house for the future. The role presents a rich opportunity for the right candidate with a firm knowledge of publishing finance.
The initial areas of focus for the position will be:
- Working on the business model for Brightline for both digital and print books.
- Creating necessary business infrastructure i.e budgets, headcount plans, timelines
- Analyzing and executing distribution relationships for both physical and digital
- Working on all aspects of new business with the Publisher, liaising with IAC financial management, and the Atavist on business and operational matters.
- Work closely with Brightline’s President to define and solve major operation and strategic questions
- Identify, analyze, and execute distribution opportunities
- Create p&ls, company budgets, forecasts, and analysis of economic impact of strategic decisions
- Create timelines for the launch of the company
- Liaise with Atavist on Brightline’s direct to consumer digital presence and distribution
- Liaise between Brightline and relevant IAC corporate functions i.e. finance, tax and legal
- BA or BS is essential (MBA or equivalent degree is preferred).
- At least 5 years finance/operations experience within a publishing-related organization.
- Deep understanding of publishing economics and the print/digital landscape.
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
Apply HereApply Online