Social Media Intern (AOL Lifestyle Brands)
Social Intern – AOL Lifestyle Brands
Are you addicted to social application's like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr? Are you creative, passionate and talented with a hunger to learn more? Do you want to work with a group of smart, talented, and creative people who are running websites in Style, Food and Home at AOL? Do you want to gain real life work experience in a corporation with a start-up atmosphere and earn some extra money? Do you want to work in the most tricked out loft office space in Manhattan?
If your answer is yes to all of the above we would love to work with you and would love to have you as our intern – part-time or fulltime!!
AOL's Lifestyle Brands include world class and widely respected content sites including MAKERS, StyleList, KitchenDaily and Homesessive. The Lifestyle Brand is looking for Three enthusiastic Social Media obsessed interns to work on multiple video and editorial drivel AOl sites featuring women and lifestyle centric content.
- Manage the day-to-day messaging on social media for multiple social accounts for multiple lifestyle brands
- Participate in real-time online conversation by sharing information, photos, replying to questions, and creating discussions on carrying social networking sites
- Monitor news sites, news feeds, and social media to stay ahead of breaking news and collaborate with programming teams to keep editorial current
- Write clear, engaging creative social media copy for multiple platforms and maintain community interaction
- Maintain and ensure consistent messaging across multiple platforms
- Grow the audience and keep engagement conversation going with fans and social groups
- Facilitate social contests and work with programming teams to monitor their success in growing audience and engagement with the content
- Work with social measurement tools and IDs to track performance and optimize campaigns
- Write blog posts, photo and video descriptions and other video metadata
- Applicants MUST be currently enrolled in school or have graduated no earlier than Spring 2012
- Strongly Preferred: Previous Internship with Social Media at a Media Company or Publisher, Lifestyle Experience a Plus
- Strong Copy Writing Skills required
- Working knowledge of how all social media platforms work
- Can work a minimum of 10 hours/week
- Flexible Hours: Ability to work in the evening or from home when needed