Graphic Designer (#20094387)
NYU’s Division of Libraries is looking for a Graphic Designer to design and produce publications, presentations, logos, posters, and web graphics for the Division of Libraries. The Graphic Designer will conceptualize and design content for a variety of constituencies including students, faculty, staff and donors. In consultation with the Dean of Libraries and other senior library staff, the designer will generate ideas and products that effectively communicate the Libraries' strategic goals, services and programs. This role requires the ability to work independently and anticipate the needs of clients. The work will be highly visible throughout the Division of Libraries.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Recommend and initiate projects that graphically communicate the Libraries' major initiatives and services in collaboration with the Dean.
• Advise leadership team on visual communication best practices, shaping a cohesive voice for Library communications. Ensure consistent look and quality of Libraries’ graphic identity.
• Independently determine priority levels for each project and establish production schedules and deadlines to ensure budgetary and time parameters are met.
• As the graphics expert, consult with library administrators and faculty to identify and clarify project specifications and advise on ways to achieve high-quality products.
• Review proofs with clients and incorporate changes into final layout.
• Manage and oversee work of external vendors. Solicit vendor bids for print jobs, negotiate costs, and determine which vendors to use; manage quality and delivery of vendor services; monitor deadlines.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or illustration and 3 years’ relevant experience or equivalent combination. Solid background in design principles, drawing, typography and layout of print and web publications. Fluent knowledge of design software.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communications skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and have worked in a design studio or similar environment. Strong technical knowledge of Mac and color printing, OSX, Adobe CS Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Keynote required. Proficiency with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat. Experience with digital photography and Web applications helpful but not required. Drawing and copy-editing skill are a plus.
NYU offers a superior benefits package, which includes a generous tuition benefit, 22 vacation days, medical, dental, and generous matching retirement plan.
Application and resume must include a cover letter that reflects how your experience fits the position description as well as a portfolio of your work. For more information about working at NYU and to apply, visit our website at: www.nyucareers.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=56023
NYU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Apply HereApply Online