Editor - AP Curricular Publications
Editor - AP Curricular Publications
Job ID: JLW20121611-97152
The College Board is a global not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. The College Board has a hundred-year heritage in providing pathways to the world’s best higher education institutions. College Board programs, including the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT and the Advanced Placement Program® (AP), are administered in more than 180 countries and territories around the globe. College Board member institutions — universities, secondary schools and educational associations — hail from more than 60 countries. Our mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity worldwide.
We are conducting a search for an Editor who will provide editorial and production support for the Advanced Placement (AP) program’s print and electronic curricular publications and communications. This position is a member of the AP curricular publications team and reports to a Senior Director. The AP program exposes students to rigorous curriculum, teaches essential critical thinking skills and enables students to pursue college-level studies while still in high school. AP provides students with the opportunity to earn college credit, advanced placement or both.
The Editor - AP Curricular Publications works closely with AP developmental editors and other units inside and outside of the College Board to ensure that curricular information is appropriately edited, designed, developed, distributed, and evaluated. The Assistant Director will write, edit, copyedit, and proofread as needed to maximize product content, quality, packaging, and marketability while meeting deadline and budget goals.
- Write, edit, copyedit, traffic, and proof components of a variety of print and electronic communications, and web site content with particular attention paid to overall style, pacing, and structure. Edit for AP Program style, brand positioning, clarity, and consistency across titles.
- Edit content created for Course Audit such as syllabus development guides, sample syllabi and textbook lists
- Monitor editorial work conducted by vendors, consultants, and production units on publications, print and electronic communications, and web site content—including, but not limited to, AP Curriculum Modules, Course Planning and Pacing Guides, web resources, and other curricular web content across all AP subjects—ensuring that AP Program policies, processes, information, and resources are communicated clearly, accurately, and consistently.
- Under the direction of the senior director, guide the titles through the publishing process by working with design, production, and sales and marketing. Work with Project Managers, as needed, to guide the distribution of the AP Program’s print and electronic publications, adhering to strict schedules and deadlines, and working with other programs and departments to ensure cross-program messages are communicated in efficient and effective ways.
- Assist in a variety of program management tasks related to AP publications and communications, including: coordinating program components with other departments/divisions/consultants; preparing reports and recommending adjustments in policies and procedures, and supporting efforts to continuously improve communications planning, content development, and production and distribution processes.
A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field plus 2 to 4 years of experience in line editing and copyediting are required. Experience in educational publishing is highly preferred. Experience project managing content across multiple channels (print and digital media) is preferred.
Related Skills and Other Requirements:
- Superior communications skills and ability to work with core groups to help shape, direct and manage content that is timely, accurate, compelling, and engaging
- Excellent conceptual and interpersonal abilities to work effectively with other team members and outside suppliers; ability to efficiently manage a number of complex, multifaceted projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills and attentiveness to detail
- Ability to work independently, to take initiative, and to function effectively in a team environment.
- Computer literacy, including MSOffice; expert level in Microsoft Word and Adobe required
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Please search for the job title and submit your resume with a brief, introductory cover letter.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Desired Travel None
Areas of Expertise Editorial, Publishing/Publications, K-12
Highest Level of Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full Time
Location New York, NY
Years of Relevant Experience 2-3
Apply HereApply Online