As a Marketing Manager on the Paid Services’ Product Marketing & Brand Promotion team, you will be responsible for helping to develop, execute and manage various product marketing and brand promotion activities across channels such as TV, radio, interactive display and event sponsorship. You will be integral in brand and campaign-specific research to optimize creative that drives all levels of the consumer conversion funnel from awareness to purchase. Additionally, you will be challenged to ideate and develop innovative marketing ideas to promote brands and products.
Paid Services is a part of AOL Membership which focuses on delivering world-class experiences to make the digital lives of our loyal users, who rely on AOL products and properties every day, as convenient as possible. In addition to the legacy ISP business, Paid Services operates a scaled digital services business under the AOL Lifestore brand that leverages AOL’s world class subscription platform. AOL Paid Services is now creating a game-changing new service for consumers and is looking to build a team to launch and grow this new category.
You are a right-and-left brained self-starter with a strong interest in gaining first-hand experience learning how products, marketing and branding work together to deliver high-impact consumer experiences. You have developed strong analytical skills, perhaps from consulting or finance experience, and have an acute brand sensibility, perhaps from marketing, brand management or advertising experience. You are eager to take on a wide-range of responsibilities and are motivated to “learn-by-doing” within an entrepreneurial environment. You aspire to understand and translate how marketing and branding are integral to the bottom-line and strive to be a thoughtful advisor to senior management. You are a team player and believe it’s important to be enjoyable to work with while still getting things done.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Contributing to brand and marketing campaign ideation, development and execution
- Day-to-day project/campaign management, working with agencies on various marketing initiatives
- Providing direction for the development of creative assets, from TV and radio spots to rich media banners
- Ensuring brand consistency across platforms and channels
- Optimizing brand promotion and brand response marketing activities
- Executing offline marketing initiatives from street-team marketing, sponsorships, events etc.
- Owning the brand and acting as a resource to various teams that require brand input
- Helping to maintain a consistent brand identity, positioning and voice across multiple platforms, internal and external
- Promoting the team’s overall learning about marketing and brand initiatives
- Proactive learning about marketing, branding and advertising and leveraging that learning to provide insights into future campaign development
- 2-5 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university
- Strong academic and professional background
- Strong business acumen
- Structured, critical thinking skills
- Brand savvy and consumer sensitivity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to take initiative and to work independently and within a team
- Resourceful problem-solving skills
- A quick learner with an insatiable sense of curiosity
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, especially in high pressure, complex situations
- Strong work ethic and project management skills, with superior attention to detail
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.