Sr Software Engineer
The Sr. Software Engineer will be part of the Research and Development office, the company's primary team for developing its cutting-edge optimization, scheduling, and analytics technology, which is branded as AdLearn. This engineer will fully leverage his/her skill set in helping the development of prototype to prove original concepts. This position will be challenged by the collection, transport, and organization of very large data sets, which can be generated at a rate of 5+ TB a day. While the work environment in the Research and Development department is casual, the software engineer will be among the brightest minds of the company and will be pushed to the edge of his or her intellectual capabilities. This job is for someone who likes to proactively solve problems and would like to be challenged by the analysis of large amount of data.
- Experience with Java programming language
- Responsible for building, administrating, and maintaining large Hadoop clusters
- Hands on experience with the Hadoop stack; HDFS, MapReduce
- Experience with Hive, Hue, Pig, Oozie, Flume, Zookeeper are big pluses
- Experience with open source Linux operating systems (RHEL, CENTOS, Fedora) and hardware in an enterprise environment
- Knowledge of NoSQL platforms
- Experience with deploying and administering MySQL databases
- Strong scripting expertise including BASH, UNIX Shell
- Experience with system administration such as storage capacity management, performance tuning, system dump analysis, server hardening (security)
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem analysis and resolution techniques to complex system problems
- 3+ years in programming experience
- 3+ years experience with installing, configuring Linux based systems
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.