Associate Product Marketing Manager, HuffPost (New York)
Associate Product Marketing Manager, The Huffington Post
About The Huffington Post:
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 36.9 million monthly unique visitors (comScore April, 2012) posting over 6.5 million comments each month. The site has over 30,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, and Spain, with L’Huffington Post Italia scheduled to launch this year.
About the Role:
The Huffington Post Media Group is searching for an Associate Product Marketing Manager to define and own the value proposition for our sites--someone who will interface with sales and editorial, create marketing collateral, develop partnerships, and work with vertical operations.
- Create innovative and engaging advertising products and programs that complement Vertical/Site/Product; be the go-to expert on their implementation and help create their business rules.
- Serve as a point of contact for Advertising Sales and the Category Focused Ad Sales Marketers for questions around USP, Audience Profile and Advertising Products and Programs.
- Serve as a partner to Advertising Sales and the Category Focused Ad Sales Marketers in the creation of custom programs when appropriate.
- Project-manage the setup, implementation and delivery of custom programs on their relevant Vertical/Site/Product.
- Work with Vertical Operations to ensure deliverability of campaigns.
- Work with content department editors to brainstorm and package feature and custom edit projects that support both editorial aspirations as well as sales requests.
- Maintain the Sales focused editorial and tech calendars.
- Work with the Design and Tech teams to align editorial vision with sales/sponsorship needs from ideation to execution.
- Support the development of cross-site/multi-platform “tent pole” opportunities.
- Continually identify emerging trends in online advertising and social media, and work proactively to capitalize on those trends with innovations to our own ad products. Work with Operations on pricing and other specifications, and proper productization in AOL’s systems.
- Work with GM to identify and evaluate potential distribution and partner programs.
- Work with Analytics to tell the narrative of their Vertical/Site/Product’s role in the AOL universe with regard to audience and referral traffic.
- Report on success metrics and develop case studies.
- Work with centralized creative services on collateral design and finishing.
Define and articulate the unique selling proposition and audience profile for the Vertical/Site/Product they are assigned to and ensure that the sales team has the materials required to communicate that story to the market.
- 3-5 years of digital media marketing or advertising sales experience.
- A deep understanding of the advertising sales process and the information needs of the sales force.
- Experience with major consumer finance digital products and their respective place in the market.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and an ability to lead presentations to both the sales force and clients.