Strategic Media Campaign Lead
Strategic Media Campaign Lead
Job ID: HC20121911-00553
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Strategic Media Campaign Lead for the New York City office.
The Strategic Campaign Lead will develop and execute an integrated media campaign in support of all College Board divisions and programs. Position will work closely with Vice President of Communications and Chief of Staff to ensure consistent communication of organization messaging and positioning. Position requires close coordination with government relations; state outreach; regional offices; President’s office; marketing; and external agencies.
- Work with Vice President and Chief of Staff to develop and execute a proactive media strategy through a full range of communications and marketing tools.
- Coordinate activity among external agencies and internal leadership to ensure an integrated media campaign, in line with brand strategy and messaging, that leverages all channels to reach and engage stakeholders to clearly define the public face of the organization.
- Collaborate with corporate marketing colleagues to develop high-impact campaign strategies to best leverage key College Board events and initiatives to promote the visibility of the organization.
- Manage integrated communications and corporate marketing campaign media budget – including analysis and reporting of performance metrics – with regular updates to senior leadership team.
- Analyze public policy trends in education and develop content and strategies for highlighting the organization’s ability to have a positive and sustainable impact.
- Develop cross-functional strategies to engage stakeholders around the value of education and its critical role in the success of our nation and economy.
- Direct a comprehensive thought leadership program, overseeing the development and dissemination of timely and compelling content.
- Serve as on-the-record spokesperson for the College Board on public policy issues.
- Closely monitor coverage of education issues and pursue opportunities for media placement in real time.
- Prepare varied reports and collateral material for external/internal review, and write for publication in books, journals or other periodicals.
- Advise senior division management on communications and public relations issues. Assists with and contributes to the strategic planning for the unit.
- Maintains significant and important contacts with members, potential members, press, government officials, faculty, institutions, students, parents, consultants, vendors and other external parties
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 7 years of directly-related, progressively responsible work experience in public relations or journalism required.
- Candidate must have extensive experience in developing high level media campaigns.
- Background must include direct support of a prominent principal (client/elected official/candidate), including staffing for media events and preparing issue-related briefings.
- Background in state or federal government and experience managing or advising political campaigns highly desired.
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Must be able to travel extensively
- Ability to communicate complex public policy initiatives for a broad audience
- Comprehensive, integrated knowledge of all College Board programs
- Extensive knowledge of client needs, and the ability to identify and meet the needs of clients and prospective clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft office applications and desktop publishing
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required.
Desired Travel More than 50%
Areas of Expertise Media Relations, Communications
Highest Level of Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full Time
Location New York, NY
Years of Relevant Experience 6-9