Editorial Intern, Politics, HuffPost (Washington, DC)
The Huffington Post's DC bureau is seeking an intern to work closely with the reporters and editors on the Politics team. Our intern is considered an integral part of the bureau -- no office duties or coffee-fetching; you will work side-by-side with the staff in the HuffPost newsroom. Our intern can expect to be fully immersed in politics and given a crash course on writing and editing, as well as social media, and how they function within a modern journalistic environment. We are looking for a political junkie with strong reporting, writing and research skills. He or she must be able to work well both independently and with a team, absorb constructive criticism and have a passion to learn about politics, policy and journalism. This is great opportunity to learn all the ins and outs of new media and get first-hand exposure to how The Huffington Post works.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Researching content
- Pitching and writing stories
- Working with the politics team on multimedia and aggregation
- Staying up-to-date on all the latest political news
- Other general assignments working closely with HuffPost Politics editors and reporters
- General administrative duties
Requirements for Success:
- Strong research and writing skills
- Insatiable appetite for political news and extensive knowledge of national politics
- Creativity and the ability to think outside the box
- Meticulous dedication to detail
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and learn from the feedback
- Familiarity with social media preferred
This paid internship is located in our Washington, DC office- 40 hours/week at $10/hr. Full-time interns are given preference, but part-time students are also welcome to apply. Applicants should either be current students or recent graduates (Spring 2012 or later).
ABOUT THE HUFFINGTON POST
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 36.9 million monthly unique visitors (comScore April, 2012) posting over 6.5 million comments each month. The site has over 30,000 bloggers -- from politicians,students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, and Spain, and Italy.